Sunday 25 November 2012

Craft plugs

I have created an 'events' page which covers some of the fairs that I know of but please let me know if you're doing something in the North West if I haven't included it.  The purple ones are the ones I have a stall at so please stop by and say hello.
I don't think I have said much about some of the craft groups I go to: 
Parents Voice is held on a Monday Morning at the Kingsway Children Centre (In the Library) from 9:30-11:30. http://www.facebook.com/KingswayParentsGroupCreations 
Here we have a chat and have a go at making a new craft each week, from wreaths, soaps, notice boards and baking. There are some fantastic people with brilliant talents who we can learn from or just support through purchasing the odd item from each other. 

I'm also a member of Warrington's Craftworkers Guild who meet every 3rd Saturday of each month at Warrington Baptist Church at 2pm. There are some exceptionally talented ladies there who often bring work in to be admired. There are workshops and guest speakers which also introduce you to fellow crafters and new skills.

For more craft ideas and like minded friends, I attend a group held at St John's Church, Widnes every other Thursday night from 7:15-9:15pm. This week we made Christmas crackers but the evenings range from learning to crochet and knitting to quilting, cards and jewellery.

I've recently heard about Halton Crafters Association  who are hoping to bringing our community of talented crafters together. Hosting craft markets and crafting taster sessions for everyone in the Halton area.  They hosted their first craft fair last Sunday which was a success.  With 30 lovely stalls and over £400 for the ante-natal ward at Alder Hey hospital.  See the following link for more info: http://www.facebook.com/HaltonCraftersAssociation 
I'm very much a beginner and failed Textiles at school, so it's a friendly place to share your creative loveliness whatever stage you are at, without judgement :D 

No comments:

Post a Comment