I'd seen a print of a girl with her eyes closed and the 2 Corinthians verse and decided to adapt it to my own taste. I knew I wanted to use newspaper but it was a piece that definitely evolved as I went along.
The original print had butterflies and dragonflies on it so I decided to include some on mine, again using the newspaper.
With a few extra drawn flowers and the verse written on, it's very nearly finished.
I also saw an idea on pinterest where you paint your canvas with water and place strips of tissue paper in a pattern on and allow to dry. Then remove them and the colours will have bled into the canvas board- as you can see the pink and orange didn't bleed but blue, yellow and green did creating a lovely backdrop for my next piece.
I decided to create a branch using twine, corrugated cardboard leaves and burlap leaves. It was still a little dull so I added tissue paper leaves as a last minute touch.
I sketched a bird but decided it would be better raised and so cut out the shape from corrugated card and layered it up with newspaper and tissue paper before drawing a pattern over the top in pen. I cut out the letters from my newspaper to write out the bible verse but felt it was a bit dull so added yellow tissue paper and traced over the letters instead. I much preferred the extra colour although a little disappointed to miss the green hues.
My 2 pictures still need a few finishing touches but I'm really pleased with them so far and now just need to find a place to hang them.